Your physiotherapist will almost always include education as part of your treatment. This is the “do’s and don’ts” of your recovery process. Keep in mind that the body heals! So if you are told for instance not to bend or pick up something after and acute back injury, this only applies until such time as it takes for your body to heal and you have completed your individualised rehabilitation. Education may include information on the following:
- Performing your daily tasks safely.
- Protecting your joints and avoiding re-injury.
- Using assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs.
- Doing home exercises designed to help with your injury or condition.
- Making your home safe for you if you have strength, balance, or vision problems.